Head Coaches at Brighton Soccer Club
Head of Coaching - Adrian Drury
- Ex-professional and collegiate player in England, Belgium and the USA.
- Played for Stoke City Football Club, England – 1994-1996.
- Played for Clayton State University, Atlanta, Georgia – 1996-2000 All-American selection 1996, 1997
- Played for Atlanta Silverbacks 2002-04
- Won the Belgian A.B.B.S.A Soccer league Division 2 2006/2007 Season.
- Won the Belgian A.B.B.S.A Soccer league Division 1 2007/2008 Season.
- AFC/FFA A Licensed Coach (2017), U.E.F.A B Licensed Coach (2009)
- Brighton SC Head of Coaching 2015-present
- Brighton SC Senior Women Coach 2013-2015
- Pascoe Vale U16 Head Coach 2013-2015
- Head Coach Senior Women FC Bulleen, Melbourne, Australia 2011-2013
- Victorian State League 2 2011 Champions
- Victorian State League 1 2012 Champions
- Head Coach U17 Women, Football Federation Victoria 2010-2011
- Head Coach Girl’s & Boys Varsity Soccer teams, International School of Brussels, Belgium 2006-2010
- ISST European Champions 2007,2009
- DODDs European Champions 2008
- Head coach Boys & Girls Varsity Soccer teams North Springs High School, Atlanta, GA, USA 2004-2006
- Assistant team coach & head goalkeeper coach 2001 - NCAA Division II perennial top 25 program, Clayton State University
- Head goalkeeper coach at Metro North Youth Soccer Association, Atlanta, GA, USA 1999-2004
Having amassed over 20 years of combined professional, collegiate and amateur playing experience, along with 14 years of coaching all age groups from under 8’s to professional players, Adrian is a UEFA B and AFC A Licensed coach and also a specialist goalkeeper coach.
After playing for 2.5 years with Stoke City Football Club, England (1994-1996), Adrian moved to Atlanta, Georgia to play for NCAA division II power Clayton State University (CSU), where he was named All American 1996, 1997. In later years, Adrian represented the State of Georgia in the National Amateur State Championships in 2001 and 2003 whilst representing Atlanta Silverbacks in the NSL. After playing for CSU, Adrian became an assistant coach for the programme as they reached the Elite Eight (National quarter finals), for the first time in university history, and after coaching at youth, club level for several years became the Head Boys & Girls Coach at North Springs High School in Atlanta, GA.
Adrian moved to Belgium in 2006 where he was the Head Girls & Boys (u14-u18) Coach at the International School of Brussels. The Girl’s programme won the European titles in 2007, 2008 and 2009 with Adrian at the helm. The ISB Boys programme finished 2008 as the International Schools Champions.
Since moving to Melbourne in September 2010, Adrian has coached in the Victoria Champions League and was the Football Federation Victoria U17 Girls Head Coach for the 2010/2011 season.
In January 2011, Adrian started working with FC Bulleen as the Women’s program Head Coach where promotion was gained in successive seasons to the WNPL.
For the 2013-15 seasons, Adrian moved to Pascoe Vale SC working with the U15 & U16 NPL Boys and also assisting the Brighton SC Senior Women's team maintain their State League 1 status and assisting the Women and Girls HOC, Juan Hompart.
Adrian took over as the Head of Coaching in 2015 and is looking forward to working with the various BSC teams to help fulfil footballing dreams, the growing passion for the game in the community and to bring about a cohesive approach to the coaching group for the benefit of all the BSC community.
MiniRoos Head of Coaching - Paul Kyte
Paul has been involved with soccer for over 40 years having both played and coached at various amateur levels in the UK. He also refereed for a number of years in the UK and has qualified and refereed at youth and senior level here in Australia.
His involvement at Brighton Soccer Club commenced with Small Sided Football in 2007, he has successfully carried out the role of Head of Coaching for the Sub-Junior (5-11yr old) stakeholder group of the club which involves coaching over 50 parent coach volunteers in the skills of the game and in the FFA curriculum.
Paul is qualified by FFA/FFV to present coaching courses and assess other coaches.
Paul holds the following FFA / FFV qualifications: Discovery Phase, Skills Training and Game Training certificates. He also holds a FFA C License (Youth).
Paul also brings a wealth of management and strategic experience from his business life to the role of Head Coach MiniRoos.
MiniRoos Under 5 to 7s Head of Coaching - Paul Kyte
U12-18 Boys Head of Coaching - Adrian Drury
U12+ Girls / Senior Women Head of Coaching- TBA